Below is our new weekly Health & Wellbeing Challenge for you to try!
Food At Home
Here is the learning outcome –
- I can investigate the range of foods available.
- I can discuss how they contribute to a healthy diet.
Watch this short this video which introduces healthy eating.
Before starting any of the following activities, children and grown up should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- The child should make a list of some foods they would like to eat at home.
- With help from a grownup, the child should devise one healthy meal that they could prepare.
- The grownup should talk to the child about what makes a healthy meal.
- The child can draw a picture of the meal.
You may want to encourage children to contribute to devising healthy meals over a week. They can be helped to identify what type of food is required.
If you can, take a photo of some meals you have made over the week and share with your teacher.
P2 Teachers and Miss McDermott