Hi Primary 3,
This week my story for you is ‘Gilbert The Hero’.
And below are the follow on activities you can do. Try to do at least two over the week.
Gilbert the Hero Reading Comprehension
- What kind of shark is Gilbert?
- Why did Rita suggest they put Finn on the swing?
- How do you think Finnball is played?
- Which word described how they swam to the wreck?
- Where exactly did Finn and Rita hide?
- Do you think Gilbert was good at looking after Finn? Explain your answer.
During the book, Gilbert is given the responsibility to look after his younger sibling. If you had to look after a younger brother or sister, what would you get up to? Where would you go? How would you make sure they were safe? Write a short story about it.
Print out the book review and complete (or create your own version)
Design a play park for Finn, draw it and label its features.
Find out the dictionary definition of the following words and write them in your own sentence: proud, hurl, urchin, sigh, churn
Draw a picture to represent part of the story and write at least 2 sentences to describe your drawing.
Design your own Gilbert the Hero quiz or a quiz about sharks. (remember to use question marks)
In the book Gilbert is a shark. Find out about sharks. You could choose one species of shark to draw and write a few facts about.
Here are some files that might help you.